Institute of Energy Science (IES) which belongs to Vietnam Academy of Science & Technology, has been established pursuant to the Decree No. 108/2012/ND-CP dated December 25, 2012 of the Government. The Institute is being a leading research and development organization in the field of energy and environment.
Our primary missions are to carry out fundamental researches in energy science and technology, applying and transferring new research achievements of science and technology to contribute the development industry in Vietnam, training high qualified experts and postgraduate training in energy science and engineering, organizing and performing international cooperation activities in the field of energy technology research and development.
IES has about 120 staff and officials, with 6 supporting units:
- Center for Sustainable Energy Research and Development
- Center for Renewable Energy Technology Research and Development
- Center for Energy Technology Development Consultancy
- Laboratory of Clean Energy Technologies.
- Laboratory of Energy Equipment.
- Department of Administration.
- Sustainable Energy Systems
- Advanced Energy Technologies
- Renewable Energy
- Nuclear Power
- Energy Security
- Energy Conservation
- Energy Efficiency
- Energy, Environment & Climate Change
Education and Training
- Provide doctoral and postgraduate trainings on energy science and technology.
- Cooperate with domestic and abroad universities and research institutions to provide postgraduate training.
- Organize and co-organize domestic and abroad basic and advanced short-term training courses.
IES has established partnerships with more than 50 institutions, universities and international organizations from all over the world on energy research and development.
Technology Transfer and Energy Services
- Consulting services for energy projects, including hydropower plant, thermal power plant, renewable energy power, transmission lines and substations: investment report, designing, monitoring, and procurement processes.
- Master plan of energy system development, renewable energy and electricity development.
- Environmental impact assessment for energy projects.
- Incubation and transferring the advanced energy technologies.